Steak Marinade - Sweet Teriyaki
Updated: Apr 29
New York strips and Top Sirloin steaks are two leaner cuts.
This doesn't mean they are poor quality, it just means they will cost less than the other steaks and they go great with a marinade.
Here's one of my go-to marinades for leaner steaks!
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp ground ginger
1/4 cups honey
3/4 cup coconut or liquid aminos
1 cup pineapple juice
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or bag and add steaks.
2. Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours - up to 24.
3. Remove from refrigerator and let sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat grill or cast iron. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to pan if using.
5. Pat the steaks dry and reserve marinade.
6. Add steaks to preheated surface and cook to desired doneness. (140 is ideal)
* you can bring the marinade to a light boil in a small sauce pan if you'd like to use for a sauce. Make sure to not let it boil for more than 30 seconds as heat will caramelize the aminos.
Enjoy with grilled asparagus, sweet potatoes or you favorite vegetables!