Grateful for Mom Quiche
Featuring Grateful Graze’s pastured eggs, sandwich ham, and lard.
This savory quiche is sure to please mom for a Mother’s day breakfast or brunch. This recipe will render two pies and an extra crust for your favorite dessert pie! You can use any pie crust recipe or simply use a prepared crust from the supermarket. To speed up the process, the filling can be prepared the night before. Enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 400º
(Makes 3 Crusts)
3 cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tb Sugar
1 ½ tsp Salt
1 stick Butter
2/3 cup cold Grateful Graze Lard
½ cup cold Water
1. Chop up a stick of cold butter and return it to the refrigerator until ready to add to dry ingredients.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a mixer using the paddle attachment just until combined.
3. Add cold butter and lard. Mix on slow speed for 30 seconds or until it starts to form crumbs. Increase speed and pour in water. Mix on higher speed until dough forms.
4. Roll dough into log and cut into thirds.
5. Wrap separately in seran wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Put a small amount of flour on your work surface and roll crust to fit in your pie pan. Trim off edges and crimp them with a fork for a pretty edge.
(Makes 2 pies)
16 oz chopped White Mushrooms
2 bunches of Green Onions
1 Tb Butter
8 large Grateful Graze Eggs
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup sliced Grateful Graze Sandwich Ham
2 cups Swiss Cheese
1 Tb Pesto
1 tsp Salt
1. Spread mushrooms on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes in the preheated 400º oven.
2. Trim off onion tops and chop the onions and tops. Caramelize onion on the stove top in a pan with butter just to soften.
3. Whisk eggs and cream together in a large bowl.
4. Add mushrooms, onions, ham, cheese, pesto, and salt and then mix together.
Finally, equally divide ingredients into the two pie crusts. Loosely cover pies with foil and bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.